What is Fleet Management Solutions?
Fleet (vehicle) management can include a range of functions, such as vehicle maintenance, vehicle telematics (tracking and diagnostics), driver management, speed management, fuel management and health and safety management. Fleet Management is a function which allows companies which rely on transportation in business to remove or minimize the risks associated with vehicle investment, improving efficiency, productivity and reducing their overall transportation and staff costs, providing 100% compliance with government legislation (duty of care) and many more. These functions can be dealt with by either an in-house fleet-management department or an outsourced fleet-management provider. According to market research from the independent analyst firm Berg Insight, the number of fleet management units deployed in commercial fleets in Europe will grow from 3.05 million units at the end of 2012 to 6.40 million in 2017. Even though the overall penetration level is just a few percent, some segments such as road transport will attain adoption rates above 31 percent.
What can Digit Gp Fleet management solution do for you?
When it comes to the Digit Fleet management solution there are a few things that can be used to optimise fleet management for your Fleet manager and in-house fleet-management department or the outsourced fleet-management provider. South Africa is one of the biggest markets for vehicle monitoring due to theft and security issues not just in the South but actually in the whole of Africa.
With the Digit fleet management software you get a lot of managing features included that can all help with the following things:
- Automated email alerts set up for high risk areas will make sure you are notified when your vehicle goes into these red areas.
- Panic buttons can alert the fleet vehicle manager via sms of possible danger from the vehicle driver’s side
- Schedule reminders and keep the history of past services and future licensing that needs updating, keeping you in the loop of all your vehicles needs
- You can set up automated pop-up alerts for service and license renewal reminders
- Driver behavior monitoring will reduce maintenance on your vehicle. Just installing the tracking device will already put your drivers on alert
- Live monitor fleet delivery vehicle’s routing and time scheduling to optimise the system.
- Locally saves historical records of the whereabouts and routes of your fleet vehicles for future reference if the need be to check up.
- Knowing where your driver is live lets you schedule your deliveries and service staff more efficiently, happy clients = money
- You can set up automated reports and email alerts for no–go zones for security and customer sites for ease of use and any other points of interest as reference
- You can know the location and status of any fleet vehicle, at any time, improving your business vehicle and driver time management
- You can section fleets per branch Selectively and securely enable departments or regions in your business to view their respective fleets or sections of the fleet
- Prevent driver fatigue by Managing ‘hours of driving’ to ensure compliance with road safety regulations
- If connected to the Dcam system you can reconstruct accidents to help determine culpability and liability for them.
- Live tracking gives you the ability to respond quickly to emergencies/ accidents / hi-jackings by knowing the precise location of your vehicles
- You can improve time management of drivers and monitor overtime from the managing software so that fleet vehicle utilisation is optimal and there is always a minimal driver overhead.
This is the best solution for your business. When it comes to Business Driver Safety you need a fleet managing solution that covers all aspects and notifications via emails or sms. Safety can be a costly thing for fleet owners if drivers are not monitored and their fatigue levels are kept under eyes. Thanks to the Digit Software all these safety monitoring products is packaged as one of the best in the big data information management industry. It costs a company a lot of money to get a new vehicle. The cost for the company can not be maintained if the vehicle is not monitored. Dont leave your company vehicles out of control. Keep the control in your hands and keep maintenance costs to a minimal. Know that when they drive out of your depo or business premises that you have them under control.